Composite Controls Beta 0.1
March 02, 2011 Update
- It would appear my previous "fix" for the template bug was incomplete. Please refer to the forum post from the previous update for more info.
- Decompiled and rebuilt database demos and templates, and fixed source code errors. Removed additional downloads. All 2003 / 2007 Demos and Templates are now a part of the main package.
February 24th, 2011 Update
- Fixed a minor bug in the template code. See the forum post for more details.
- Fixed a phantom bug in the demo. Source simply needed to be decompiled. See the Common Errors for more info.
- Implemented multiple interfaces to simulate inheritance and reduce / eliminate late-binding.
- Created the cCallbacks class to manage callbacks that may be assigned to event handlers.
- Sorted and organized the code for more modularity, making it easier to add / remove modules for extra controls.
- Created a DEBUG_MODE constant, which will be used increasingly in the future to manage debugging features and runtime performance.
- Added an "object monitor" as a floating window that can be used to watch the status of objects created by the object model.
- Eliminated a few modules and got rid of several instances of the CallByName function, which is notoriously slow.
- Organized the code into one downloadable ZIP split out into appropriate subdirectories.
- Created the cControl_Generic class to wrap ActiveX controls and other such objects.
- Created an Access 2007 Template file (*.accdt) that provides a project with required "core" files for developing with the Composite Control Object model.
- Began writing tutorials.
- The current demo project contains only the WebButton demo from the previous release. Visit the Alpha 0 release to see the original demo project.
- cControl_Binder and the cControlChild_Binding classes are no longer a part of the project. Porting them over to the new code required much time and effort and I felt I'd rather try to develop a more generic data object model (a concept I'm dubbing the "Data Source Object Model") to provide ControlSource, RowSource, and RecordSource functionality to composite controls.
Feel free to contact me with questions or problems.
Download the zip and check out the tutorials to being learning how to use the object model!
No reviews yet for this release. (Previous release: 5 stars out of five with 1 rating and 1 review)
Opera does not support ClickOnce X
To install this application, save it and then open it. Opening it directly from Opera will not work correctly.